Friday, February 8, 2008

Friend Friday - from Esme




This submission is from our 5 year old friend Esme! A complete coincidence that one of the characters in the book is also named Esme. I would say Esme scores pretty high in the artist department. Well done sister girl!

Here is what she has to say about this piece:

Ave is my godmother and Houston is my godfather and they live in New
Jersey. They live in the same house because Ave is Houston's mom. I
love them and miss them and wish I could see them every day. I am
making a collage to send to them and I want them to add something and
send it back to me. Ave is an artist but she hasn't painted in a long
time. I hope she paints again and adds it to my collage. Houston is
an artist too. We are going to send this back and forth to each other
and maybe it will grow into a giant painting and collage. My mom
loves to go to the post office. And our mailman Billy is really good
too so even if she doesn't go to the post office, he will take it for
us. I love waiting for packages in the mail.

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

SWEET!!!

lynnh said...

oh man. What a great submission. This is gorgeous, and I love having a 5 year old inspire me to get going on a back and forth project.... or get my girls going on one! Thanks for the inspiration, Esme!!!

Kathie Sever said...

yea esme! sounds like she may have a writing muse, too- just like mama.

iHanna said...

Wow, I wish I was this generous and creative today! :-) Love love Esmes art collage!